Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The cyclical nature of the Universe compels us to revisit past truths to divine future events.

Wow, has my life changed! I need to read over my journals and marvel at the journey I've taken. It's one of those things: I thought I was heading somewhere, and I fully expected to get there, but I'm still surprised that it all actually worked out! I never really knew if I was on the right track or if I was just deluding myself with thoughts of better days. As confident as I've been along this unorthodox path, it was impossible to shake the fear of abject failure, the fear that my life would stay similar, the fear that I would get a degree and still have no direction, no friends, and no hope.

I've always been a proponent of the intuitively led life; I've always had faith that each answer to life's big questions resided somewhere in my subconscious; I've always believed that my optimal path would unfold around me as long as I paid attention to signs and hunches. I've seen indications that these beliefs were true, but until recently I hadn't been completely blown away by them. Along the way, situations and moments would pop up and I'd think, "Ok, yeah. There is something to this whole intuition thing." But lately, for the first time, events have caused me to stop wondering if I was correct in living this life.

As of now, I am sure of it! Completely following your heart is not only the most interesting way to live, but it's also the easiest way to get all that you desire! Hell, maybe it's the only way, I dunno, but it's my chosen way, and I'm absolutely thrilled to see what comes next!

[This could have been written tonight, but it was written April 11th, 2006. Just as I was then, I am still grateful for my friends, my ability to dream, my ability to reinvent myself, and my ability to persevere through the dark recesses of my mind. Here's a prayer to the new decade: May we all become greater than we have ever been and continue on towards the bliss of our souls.]

-- Mike Roach

No comments: